LCD Display Maintenance
Strictly prevent static electricity
The control and drive circuit in the module is a low-voltage, micro-power CMOS circuit, which is easily broken down by static electricity. Electrostatic breakdown is an irreparable damage. Be careful not to care. Therefore, you should be extremely careful in handling, assembly and use, and be strict against static electricity. to this end:
- The soldering iron used for soldering must be well grounded and there is no leakage;
- If it is necessary to touch directly, the human body and the module should be well grounded, or the hand should be contacted with the faucet or the metal frame of the console to discharge;
- Do not arbitrarily touch the external leads, circuits and ICs on the board.
The treatment of protective film
A protective film is attached to the surface of the finished module to prevent the display surface from being stained during assembly, so it should not be removed before the end of the assembly to avoid soiling or damaging the display surface.
The installation of padding
It is best to add a pad of about 0.1 mm between the module and the front panel. The panel should also be flat to avoid distortion after assembly.
Welding, welding the outer leads of the module, interface circuit, should be as follows
- Do not let solder drip onto the circuit board of the LCD screen during soldering, otherwise the screen will not display properly due to short circuit;
- Soldering iron temperature: 280 ± 10 ° C; welding time: 3 ~ 4S; welding materials: eutectic, low melting point; repeated welding must not exceed 3 times;
- If the connection between the LCD module and other peripheral circuits needs to be soldered or the original connector is changed, please confirm that the LCD module has passed the quality inspection beforehand;
- Do not physically damage the LCD screen and PCB, otherwise it will not be repairable.
Precautions during assembly operation
- The mounting holes must be grounded to prevent electromagnetic interference and external noise;
- The metal frame claws must not be twisted or disassembled at will; do not modify or process the PCB board shape, assembly holes, lines and components at will; do not modify the conductive strips at will; do not modify any internal brackets; do not touch, drop, bend, twist Moving module and backlight part, etc.;
- The liquid crystal module is carefully designed and assembled. Do not process or trim it yourself.
The storage of the module
If you store for a long time (such as a few years), we recommend the following:
Put into a polyethylene pocket (preferably with anti-static coating) and seal the mouth; place it in a dark place to avoid strong light; never put any objects on the surface; strictly avoid storing outside the extreme temperature and humidity conditions (for liquid crystal) The polarizer is afraid of high temperature and is afraid of moisture.
The use and maintenance of the module
- The outer lead of the liquid crystal module must not be connected incorrectly, otherwise it may cause over-current, over-voltage and other damage to the liquid crystal module components;
- When the module is used below the specified working temperature range, the display response is very slow. When used above the specified operating temperature range, the entire display surface will display the full display state. This phenomenon is not caused by the module being damaged. Everything will return to normal within the temperature range. (It should not be used or stored outside the range of storage limit temperature. If the temperature is lower than the crystallization temperature, the liquid crystal will crystallize, destroy the alignment layer, and the device will be scrapped; if the temperature is too high, the liquid crystal will become an isotropic liquid. Losing the liquid crystal state, it loses the function of the liquid crystal device);
- When the module is connected to the power supply and disconnected from the power supply, the signal level must be input after the positive power supply (5±0.25V) is stably connected. If the signal level is input before or after the power supply is stabilized, it may damage the IC and other circuits in the module.
- The contrast, viewing angle and temperature, and driving voltage of the dot matrix LCD module are very large. Therefore, if the VEE is adjusted too high, it will not only affect the display, but also shorten the service life of the module.
- When there are water droplets on the screen, it should be wiped off quickly: touching the water droplets for a long time will cause the screen to change color or appear spots;
- Do not bump the IC on the PCB board on the back of the module to prevent short-circuiting of adjacent pins.
- Pressing the display part with force will produce an abnormal display. At this time, cut off the power supply, wait a while, re-power on, that is, return to normal;
- When there is stain on the screen, wipe it quickly with absorbent cotton or other soft cloth.
Wish our helpful posts can help you become more and more professional in the industrial displays business, maybe some of our products can be suitable for your industrial displays projects, please refer to our featured products below: